How do you lengthen a part in SolidWorks?
To extend a surface:
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges . For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge. …
- Click .
How do I stretch a line in SolidWorks?
Stretching Sketch Entities
- Click Base point. and then click on the sketch to set a base point.
- Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do you adjust a spline?
To edit a spline, on the Home ribbon, expand the Modify panel and choose the Edit Spline tool. The program prompts you to select a spline. Click to select the spline on the left, which was created using fit points.
How do you control a spline in SolidWorks?
To add curvature control:
- In the Edit Sketch mode, select a spline.
- Click Add Curvature Control. …
- Drag to position the handle. …
- Click to position the handle.
- Select the ball of the curvature control pointer and drag in either direction along the vector handle to adjust the radius of curvature. …
- Click .
What is extend in Solidworks?
You can add to the length of a sketch entity (line, centerline, or arc). Use Extend Entities to extend a sketch entity to meet another sketch entity. To extend a sketch entity: In an open sketch, click Extend Entities.
How do you move faces in Solidworks?
Click Move Face (Mold Tools or Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Move . You can also right-click a face and click Move Face, or select Move Face on the Direct Editing CommandManager tab.
How do you use the line tool in SolidWorks?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways:
What is line command SolidWorks?
The command line appears at the bottom of the screen when you open a document. To turn off the emulator, click Tools > Add-Ins , and clear the SolidWorks 2D Emulator check box. While in a SolidWorks document with the 2D Emulator active, you can display or hide the command line. Click View > 2D Command Emulator.
How do you switch between arc and line in SolidWorks?
To autotransition between line and arc:
- Click Line (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools, Sketch Entities, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. …
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
Can you scale a part in Solidworks?
You can scale a part or surface model about its centroid, the model origin, or a coordinate system. In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . …
How do you scale an entity in Solidworks?
Scaling Sketch Entities
- In Edit Sketch mode click Scale Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Scale.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Scale, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations.
- Under Parameters: Click Base Point (Scale Point Defined) to set a Base point. …
- Click .
How do I scale an assembly in Solidworks?
To save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as a part:
- Open the newly saved multi-body part.
- Access the Scale feature (Insert > Features > Scale).
- Select all of the solid bodies in the part to be scaled – note you may need to access the Feature Manager and expand the Solid Bodies folder to select the bodies.