In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set.
How do you make a view bigger in Solidworks?
- To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. …
- To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following: For existing drawing views, select a view or views, then set the Scale in the PropertyManager.
How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you resize a drawing in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do I change the scale in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
Can you scale a part in Solidworks?
You can scale a part or surface model about its centroid, the model origin, or a coordinate system. In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . …
How do you find the scale of a drawing?
The scale is shown as the length in the drawing, then a colon (“:”), then the matching length on the real thing. Example: this drawing has a scale of “1:10”, so anything drawn with the size of “1” would have a size of “10” in the real world, so a measurement of 150mm on the drawing would be 1500mm on the real horse.
How do I see dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
How do I stretch a sketch in Solidworks?
Stretching Sketch Entities
- Click Base point. and then click on the sketch to set a base point.
- Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do I change the sheet size in Solidworks 2020?
In an open drawing, you can change to a different sheet format. In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Sheet Format and click Properties.
- Click New (Standard toolbar).
- Select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select from the following, then click OK.
How do you scale an entity in Solidworks?
Scaling Sketch Entities
- In Edit Sketch mode click Scale Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Scale.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Scale, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations.
- Under Parameters: Click Base Point (Scale Point Defined) to set a Base point. …
- Click .
What is a scale bar?
A scale bar is a line or bar divided into parts. It is labeled with its ground length, usually in multiples of map units, such as tens of kilometers or hundreds of miles. Scale bars are associated with a map frame in a layout.
What is a linetype scale?
Linetype scale (LTSCALE) determines the scale and appearance of dashed lines as they appear in your drawing. This setting becomes especially important when you go to plot, since lines that appear dashed in Model Space may appear solid in Paper Space if their LTSCALE isn’t exactly correct.