Adding planes to SOLIDWORKS is achieved using the Plane Wizard. The Plane Wizard can be accessed via Features > Reference Geometry > Plane on the command manager, or via Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane from the drop down menu. Up to three references can be selected in order to define a new plane.
How do you create a plane in Solidworks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
How do you make a surface plane in Solidworks?
To create a bounded planar surface from a sketch:
- Create a non-intersecting, single contour, closed sketch.
- Click Planar Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Planar.
- In the PropertyManager, select the sketch in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree for Bounding Entities. . …
- Click OK .
How do I make planes visible in Solidworks?
Activate View Planes by doing one of the following:
- Click View > Hide/Show > Planes.
- In the Heads-up View toolbar, click Hide/Show Items > View Planes.
How do you create a front plane in Solidworks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do you change planes in Solidworks?
To change the plane of a sketch:
- Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. – or – …
- Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face .
- Click OK .
How do I create a sweep feature in Solidworks?
To create a sweep: Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face.
Click one of the following:
- Swept Boss/Base on the Features toolbar or Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Swept Cut on the Features toolbar or Insert > Cut > Sweep.
- Swept Surface on the Surfaces toolbar or Insert > Surface > Sweep.
What is normal to in Solidworks?
You can use the Normal To command to orient a model normal to the nearest global XYZ coordinates. To orient a model normal to the nearest global XYZ coordinates: From an open model or 3D sketch, with nothing selected, press the spacebar. From the Orientation dialog box, click Normal To .
How do you show drawing sketch in Solidworks?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree.