You can replace one group with another by selecting a group and then choosing a different group name in the Type Selector. Adding or removing elements in a group affects all instances of the group. Groups of elements can be ungrouped in order to edit the individual elements making up the group.
How do I change my details group?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
How do I change a group group to detail in Revit?
Select the model and annotation geometry you want to include in the group. In the Modify | Multi-select Tab select the Create Group Icon. When the Revit Group Dialogue menu opens Name Both your Model Group and Attached Detail Group. Press OK.
How do I edit a group in Revit?
To edit groups in Revit you can do the following:
- Select the Group which you would like to edit.
- In the Modify | Model Groups tab which appears, select Edit Group.
How do I change details in Revit?
From the Type Selector, select Detail View: Detail. On the Options Bar, select an appropriate detail scale. To reference another detail or drafting view, on the Reference panel, select Reference Other View, and select a view from the drop-down list.
Can I group dimensions in Revit?
Select view-specific elements, tags, or dimensions that are associated with an existing model group, and click Modify |
How do you fix a group in Revit?
Follow these steps to repair an affected project file and group:
- Select an instance of an affected group.
- Click “Ungroup” (this removes the legend component permanently.)
- Then select all the geometry again (to make sure the legend component is not still in the selection set) > click Create Group.
- Assign a new name.
How do you create an attached detail group in Revit?
Create an Attached Detail Group
- In the drawing area, do one of the following: Select model elements and detail elements, simultaneously. …
- In the Create Model Group and Attached Detail Group dialog, enter a name for the model group (if necessary), and enter a name for the attached detail group.
- Click OK.
How do I add a detail group in Revit?
Create an Attached Detail Group
- Select model elements and detail elements, simultaneously. …
- Select view-specific elements, tags, or dimensions that are associated with an existing model group, and click Modify |
tab Create panel (Create Group).
Can you group detail lines in Revit?
Of course, groups can be made in CAD, but in Revit, groups are broken down into model groups and detail groups. Detail groups for annotation, text, and detail items like 2-dimensional detail components. … The two types of elements, detail and model, cannot be created in the same group. They are managed separately.
What is a detail group in Revit?
Revit Groups are like AutoCAD blocks. Draw a couple of lines and group the selection. Copy multiple instances of the group and then edit one of the grouped objects. You’ll notice that the changes you made will propogate to all the other similar groups.
Where is the group editor in Revit?
Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK. Revit enters group edit mode.
How do you create a detail view?
Creating a Detail View / Detail View Profile
- In the Drawing window, click Detail View in the Views toolbar ( Details sub-toolbar). …
- Click the callout center. …
- Drag to select the callout radius and click a point to end the selection. …
- Click to generate the detail view.
Which are detail level options in Revit?
You can set the detail level for newly created views based on a view scale. View scales are organized under the detail level headings Coarse, Medium, or Fine. When you create a new view in your project and set its view scale, its detail level is automatically set according to the arrangement in the table.