How do you delete a part in assembly?
To delete a component from an assembly: Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
Can you edit parts in assembly solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly: Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. The title bar shows the name of the part in the assembly that is open for editing as
Can I cut an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an assembly feature cut: Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
How do I fix a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you delete a section view in Solidworks?
To delete views:
- Right-click anywhere in a drawing view and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion. If you delete a detail or section view, select Delete detail sketch or Delete section sketch so the sketch used to create the view is also deleted.
How do I delete a feature in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do you subtract a part in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you edit parts in assembly in Inventor?
Edit a Part in an Assembly
- Right-click the part Clamp Sketch in the browser and select Edit from the pop-up context menu, or right-click the 2D sketch in the graphics window and select Edit Component from the marking menu. …
- Start the Extrude command.
How do you cut intersecting parts in Solidworks?
To intersect or merge bodies:
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required: …
- Click .
How do you cut a surface in assembly in SolidWorks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you cut extrudes in SolidWorks?
You can also go to the toolbar and click Insert -> Cut -> Extrude to pull up the Cut-Extrude Feature menu as well. Once the Extrude menu appears on the left-hand side of your screen, it will prompt you to select a plane or sketch that will be used to create the 3D model feature.
How do I make a part from assembly sketch?
Creating a Part in an Assembly
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- Type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
- Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.
How do you disassemble a part in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the subassembly you want to dissolve, and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.
How do you replace a part in a Solidworks assembly 2019?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Specify options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.