How do I create a custom pattern in Revit?
Create a Custom Fill Pattern
- Create a custom pattern in a pattern (PAT) file. …
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns.
- In the Fill Patterns dialog, under Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model.
- Click (New fill pattern). …
- For Type, select Custom.
- Click Browse.
How do you fill a pattern in Revit?
Use the Fill Patterns tool to create or modify drafting and model patterns. Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns. To apply fill patterns to specific model categories or annotation categories, use the Visibility/Graphics dialog. See Overriding Graphic Display of Element Categories.
Where are Revit pattern files located?
NoteDefault Revit Architecture fill patterns are stored in the revit. pat and revit metric. pat files in the Revit Architecture program group Data directory.
How do you move hatch patterns in Revit?
You can move model pattern lines.
- In the drawing area, highlight the element that has the model pattern.
- Press TAB to highlight a pattern line shape handle. See About Controls and Shape Handles. …
- Click to select the shape handle.
- Drag the shape handle, or use the Move tool to move the pattern lines.
What is fill pattern?
The Fill Pattern feature lets you select an area defined by co-planar faces or a sketch that lies on co-planar faces. … To create a fill pattern, click Fill Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Fill Pattern, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
Does Revit have hatch patterns?
The Graphics tab of the Materials Browser contains parameters for Surface Pattern which control hatch patterns in Revit. Two levels of hatch can be added to your elements: Surface Pattern / Foreground (choose pattern and color) Surface Pattern / Background (choose pattern and color)
How do you change the wall hatch in Revit?
To Specify the Hatching for Components of a Wall
- Select the wall you want to change, right-click, and click Edit Object Display. …
- Click the Display Properties tab.
- Select the display representation where you want the changes to appear, and select Object Override. …
- If necessary, click .
- Click the Hatching tab.
What is a model pattern Revit?
Model patterns represent actual element appearance on a building, such as brick coursing or ceramic tile on a wall, and are fixed with respect to the model. Like other elements in Revit, model pattern lines can be edited. … You can do the following: Move pattern lines by dragging or by using the Move tool.