Select Edit Type from the Properties palette. In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate to create a repeating detail, and give it a name. In the Parameters section, use the drop-down list to select the detail component to use in the repeating detail. The Layout parameter controls how the detail repeats.
How do I make a repeating detail component in Revit?
Insert a Repeating Detail
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Repeating Detail).
- Sketch the repeating detail, and then click Modify.
- Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate, and enter a name for the repeating detail type.
How do you create a detail component in Revit?
By selecting the start and end of the line, you can place the detail. Suppose you want to place a plywood fill pattern in a section.
Create a 2D Line-Based Detail Component Family
- Create a new family using the Detail Component line-based template.
- Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component.
How do you use detail items in Revit?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
How do you make a repeating detail component?
Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate, and enter a name for the repeating detail type. Select a detail component for the Detail parameter.
How do you repeat in Revit?
Repeat Last or Recent Command
- Right-click in the drawing, and click Repeat [Last Command].
- Right-click in the drawing, and click Recent Commands
. Recently used commands are options as shown here. …
- Press Enter to invoke the last-used command.
- Assign a keyboard shortcut for Repeat Last Command.
How do you create a detail component?
Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. A detail component is displayed in a symbolic form and is not shown in 3D. Click the Line tool to sketch the symbol. Create the component between the 2 reference planes to have elements contract or expand based on the length.
What are detail components?
Detail components are line-based 2D elements that you can add to detail views or drafting views. They are visible only in those views. They scale with the model, rather than the sheet. Insert a Detail Component. Use the Detail Component tool to place a detail component in a detail view or a drafting view.
How do you scale detail items in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to scale, and click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Scale).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .