If you click on the Drop Down Menu, you can select any blocks in your drawing with editable attributes. Just click on one to select it. From within the Block Attribute Manager, you can edit many different Text Settings such as Text Style, Justification, Height, Rotation, Width and so on.
How do I edit a block in DraftSight?
To modify a Block definition:
- Click Modify > Component > Edit (or type EditComponent at the command prompt).
- In the graphics area click a Block or Reference to edit.
- From the list in the Edit Component dialog box, select the name of a Block or Reference:
Where is Block Attribute Manager?
On the ribbon, click Insert > Block > BlockAttribute Manager.
How do you create a block attribute in DraftSight?
Click Draw -> Block -> Define and create the block as you normally would. Make sure to select all the geometry and text. Once the block has been defined, the text will change to display the Default Values, instead of the names of the block attributes.
Does DraftSight have dynamic blocks?
DraftSight supports viewing and manipulating AutoCAD® Dynamic Blocks. The special grips allow you to change size, shape, orientation, or even choose how a block is displayed among multiple variations carried over from your legacy drawings.
How do I edit a block?
By default, double-clicking on the block opens either the Properties dialog box or the Block Editor. To edit a block in-place, do any of the following: Right-click on the block and select Edit Block In-Place. Use the command REFEDIT to open the in-place block editor for a selected block.
How do you redefine a block?
Using a block from another drawing:
- Open Design center by typing ADC or pressing CTRL-2.
- From the target drawing, browse the Design Center to the drawing containing the block to insert.
- Right-click the block in the Design Center content area and select either Redefine Only or Insert and Redefine.
How do I change attributes in a block?
Edit Attributes Attached to a Block Definition
In the Block Attribute Manager, select a block from the Block list, or click Select Block and select a block in the drawing area. In the list of attributes, double-click the attribute you want to edit, or select the attribute and click Edit.
How do I change attributes in block?
To Edit Attribute Values and Properties for a Block Reference
- Click Home tab Block panel Edit Single Attribute. Find.
- In the drawing area, select the block you want to edit.
- In the Enhanced Attribute Editor, select the attribute you want to edit. …
- Make the attribute changes you want, and then do one of the following:
How do you move attributes in a block?
Just follow these steps:
- Select the block containing the attributes you want to move. You’ll see grips on each attribute.
- Click the grip of the attribute you want to move to make it hot (red).
- At the Specify stretch point: prompt, simply pick the new desired location.
How do you explode in Draftsight?
To explode complex objects:
- Click Modify > Explode (or type Explode).
- In the graphics area, select objects to explode and press Enter. The selected objects are exploded. You can edit the individual objects.