How do you use boundary commands in AutoCAD?
The Boundary Creation dialog box is displayed. If you enter -BOUNDARY at the Command prompt, options are displayed. The interior point that you specify uses the surrounding and interior objects to create closed polylines and regions. If the Island Detection option is cleared, all closed interior objects are ignored.
What is the command used for properties in AutoCAD?
The Properties Palette
You can open it with the PROPERTIES command (enter PR in the Command window), you can press Ctrl + 1, or you can click the tiny arrow in the Properties panel on the Home tab—whichever you prefer. The Properties palette displays a list of all the important property settings.
What is the use of TRIM command in AutoCAD?
The Trim command in AutoCAD is used to remove the objects, which meet the edges of other objects. It is used to remove extra lines or extra parts of an object.
How do I draw boundaries in AutoCAD?
To Create a Boundary Polyline
- Click Home tab Draw panel Boundary. …
- In the Boundary Creation dialog box, in the Object Type list, select Polyline.
- Under Boundary Set, do one of the following: …
- Click Pick Points.
- Specify points within each area to form a boundary polyline.
How do I create a boundary hatch in AutoCAD?
- Enter HATCHEDIT on the command line.
- Select the hatch.
- In the Hatch Edit dialog box, click Recreate Boundary.
- When you see the prompt “Enter type boundary object”, enter P for polyline or R for region.
- When prompted, choose whether or not to associate the hatch with the new boundary.
How do I cut out an outside boundary in AutoCAD?
To Trim Objects at a Boundary
- Open a drawing and attach the maps you want.
- Define and execute a query to retrieve the objects to trim.
- Click Tools tab Map Edit panel Boundary Trim. …
- In the Trim Objects At Boundary dialog box, under Boundary, select how to specify the boundary.
How do you use Extend command?
Extends objects to meet the edges of other objects. To extend objects, first select the boundaries. Then press Enter and select the objects that you want to extend.
What is the difference between Erase and Trim command in AutoCAD?
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
How do you write commands in AutoCAD?
- Click elsewhere in a drawing to start a new set of rows of single-line text.
- Press Tab or Shift+Tab to move forward and back between the sets of single-line text.
- Press Alt and click a text object to edit a set of text lines.
How do I set commands in AutoCAD?
Create a command
- In the Customize tab, Command List pane, click the Create a New Command button. A new command (named Command1) is displayed in both the Command List and Properties pane.
- In the Properties pane, do the following: In the Name box, enter a name for the command. …
- Click Apply.
What is Properties command?
The Properties palette is displayed and lists the properties of the selected objects. When more than one object is selected, only those properties common to all selected objects are displayed. When no objects are selected, only the current settings of general properties are displayed.