How do I change the drawing template in Catia?
Changing the standard, sheet style and orientation of a sheet
- Select File > Page Setup from the menu bar. …
- Select the select the ANSI standard. …
- Click OK to continue. …
- Optionally choose another sheet style if you wish. …
- Optionally change the default orientation from Landscape to Portrait .
How do I change the default font in Catia Drafting?
Scenario: 1. Open CATIA. 2. Go to Tools > Standards > Drafting > ISO > Styles > Length / Distance Dimension > Default > Font > & change these settings (Font size: 14, Bold: Yes, Underline: Yes 7 Colour: Green).
Editing drawing links with the reference document loaded
- Open the GenDrafting_part_links. CATDrawing document.
- Select Edit > Links . The Links dialog box appears with the existing links between the CATDrawing and its related CATPart. …
- Click OK to validate and exit the dialog box.
Why are my dimensions GREY in Catia?
RE: GRAY DIMENSIONS IN DRAWING
If your options are on default dimension colors gray means non assosiative dimensions. Dimension does not have 3D element reference. On what level you are running CATIA? In V5R7 dimensions were gray when dimensioning drawing elements generated from mirrored 3D elements.
How do I insert a drawing template in Catia?
select File >> Page Setup to enter the “Page Setup” dialog. Within this dialog select Insert Background View. This will open the “Insert elements into a sheet” dialog box. From this dialog browse to the file containing the background you want and select Insert.
What is drafting in Catia?
CATIA V5 R21 – Drafting
The Drafting course teaches the essentials of the CATIA V5 Drafting workbench. You’ll learn how to create drawings and views, and add dimensions and annotations. You’ll also study geometry creation and modification, as well as dress-ups, borders, balloons, and customizations.
How do I change drafting standards in Catia v5?
Updating the Standard of a Drawing
- Select File> Page Setup from the menu bar. The Page Setup dialog box opens, displaying the standard currently used by the drawing.
- Click the Update button to update the current standard. A message informs you that this action cannot be undone.
How do you edit text in Catia?
Editing Text Properties
- Select the annotation you just created. …
- Select the Edit-> Properties command. …
- Click the Text tab. …
- Click the More switch button to check if extra options are available.
- Modify the available options as required.
How do I add a font to Catia Drafting?
On Windows, some OTF fonts are provided natively. However, you can customize the list of fonts provided by copying your own fonts to C:WindowsFonts , or by selecting Start > Control > Panel > Fonts then File > Install New Fonts… .
How do I change the view on Catia?
Right-click on each projection view and select Update selection in the contextual menu to update the view according to the new reference plane. Or right click on Drawing1 and select Update selection in the contextual menu. The right, left, bottom, top and auxiliary views are updated, as well as the detail view.
You can repair a broken link by removing the link to the missing document. For example, if a section has a broken link because a linked topic was deleted, you can open the section in the Outline Editor and remove the missing topic from the section.
What do pink dimensions mean in Catia?
Pink means dimensions not upto date.
What does purple mean in Catia?
Overstrained. Defines the color status for overstrained constraints. By default, the color is purple.
How do I change the default dimension color in SolidWorks?
You can change the appearance of dimensions in parts and sketches. You can specify colors for various types of dimensions in Tools > Options > System Options > Colors and specify Add parentheses by default in Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions .