You can tell a line, group or component in SketchUp is selected because it will turn blue. To select multiple objects, you can hold the shift key and click on them. To deselect some objects from your selection, you can hold the shift key and click on them again.
How do you select multiple lines in Sketchup?
To select more than one thing, hold down the Shift key while you click all the things you want to select. The Shift key works both ways when it comes to the Select tool. You can use it to add to your set of selected objects, but you can also use it to subtract an object from your selection.
How do I edit lines in Sketchup?
Here’s how to edit a line:
- Select the Move tool ( ).
- Hover the Move tool cursor over one of the line’s end points.
- Click and drag the end point to change the line’s length.
How do you drag lines in Sketchup?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do you select all lines in Sketchup?
When you context-click an edge, a context menu appears with the following options:
- Select > Connected Faces selects all the faces connected to the selected entity.
- Select > All Connected selects all entities connected to the selected entity.
How do I select a group in SketchUp?
With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group. Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
Can you make dashed lines in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, the Tags Panel has dash patterns so you can change entity lines on a tag from solid to dashed. Any geometry on the tag inherits the tag’s dash pattern. Dashed lines appear in the model view at any screen scale.
How do you enter coordinates in SketchUp?
How to Geo-Locate Your Google SketchUp Model
- Make sure you’re online.
- Open the SketchUp file you want to geo-locate.
- Choose File, Geo-Location, Add Location from the menu bar.
- Find the area where you want your model to be located. …
- Click the Select Region button to display a cropping rectangle.
What is the move tool in SketchUp?
You can use the Move tool (M) to merge points or edges together. Show Hidden Geometry to manipulate hidden entities – If you want to select and move parts of a surface that has hidden edges, turn on Hidden Geometry from the View menu. You’ll then be able to select softened or hidden edges.