Help is accessed in many ways, including: Help buttons in all dialog boxes and PropertyManagers (or press F1) Help tool on the Standard toolbar for SOLIDWORKS Help.
SOLIDWORKS is not removing Help from the software altogether, just cleaning things up. We have access to the same Help menu by using the “Question Mark” button in the upper left corner of the window. Help topics, tutorials, activation (hiding within the Licenses fly out) are all there.
Where is help on SOLIDWORKS?
Do one of the following:
- Click (Standard toolbar) or click Help > SOLIDWORKS Help to open the welcome page.
- Click Help, click , or press F1 in a dialog box or PropertyManager to access context-sensitive help.
- Click the flyout menu of Help options in the menu bar.
The Help menu lies in the right most of the toolbar.
To display the menus, hover over the SOLIDWORKS logo in the upper-left corner. Click to pin the menus. Menus and menu items are available depending on the active document type and environment.
Beginning with 2020 SP3, SOLIDWORKS has changed the default position of the Quick Access Tools menu. The Help button also moved to the upper right corner and is the question mark button.
How do I access the tutorial in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
To access, run SOLIDWORKS and go to Help > SOLIDWORKS Tutorials. In there, you’ll find a wealth of step-by-step guided lessons that range from basic part modeling through to advanced stuff such as CSWP (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – click this link!)
The menu bar contains the SOLIDWORKS menus, a set of Quick Access tools, the SOLIDWORKS Search, and the Help options. By clicking the down arrow next to a tool button, you can expand it to display a flyout menu with additional functions.
The Help Button is a control that the user can click to display the application help system.
A Help key, found in the shape of a dedicated key explicitly labeled Help , or as another key, typically one of the function keys, on a computer keyboard, is a key which, when pressed, produces information on the screen/display to aid the user in their current task, such as using a specific function in an application …
Where is the toolbar on SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I get the command bar back in SOLIDWORKS?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
How do I get my ribbon bar back in SOLIDWORKS?
My SOLIDWORKS Task Pane is missing?
- Figure 1: Task Pane (tabs)
- Right-click any toolbar and choose Task Pane from the resulting list.
- Go to Tools > Customize and under the Toolbars tab, find Task Pane in the list.