The scale tool is a great function in Sketchup, allowing quick resizing of objects while retaining proportions. Most of us use the scale tool on groups and components, but you can also scale anything in Sketchup, including any number of entities in a selection.
What is scale tool?
The Scale tool lets you enlarge or reduce objects and shapes. Click the Scale tool or press S to select it.
How do you use a scale tool?
The Scale Tool is under the Free Transform Tool on the Toolbar . Click, hold, and select to bring it to the top level. Select an object to scale, then go to the Reference Point Selector in the Control Panel and select the point that you want the object to resize from.
How do you use the scale tool in Indesign?
Scale an object using the Scale command
- Choose Object > Transform > Scale.
- Double-click the Scale tool .
- Select the Scale tool and Alt‑click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) on or near the object to select a new reference point.
What scale is used for detail drawing?
Typically in civil engineering applications, 1:10 (1″=10′) is used exclusively for detail drawings. 1:20 and 1:40 scales are used for working plans.
What is the function of scale in Adobe?
To change the proportions of an image. For example, to make an image one-half of its original size.
How do you scale materials in Sketchup?
Follow these steps to move, scale, rotate, or skew your texture: With the Select tool, click the face with the texture you want to edit. Choose Edit→Face→Texture→Position. This enables (deep breath) the Move/Scale/Rotate/Shear/Distort Texture mode.
How do you scale a layout in Sketchup?
Creating a scaled drawing
- Select Window > Scaled Drawing.
- In the Scaled Drawing panel that appears, click Make Scaled Drawing.
- Choose a scale.
- (Optional) From the Length drop-down list, choose Decimal, Architectural, Engineering, or Fractional.
How do you scale accurately in Sketchup?
Stretching or squishing geometry to scale
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to scale. …
- Select the Scale tool ( ) or press the S key. …
- Click an edge or face grip (not a corner grip). …
- Move the cursor to scale the entity. …
- Click to set your selection’s new scale.
How do you scale a component?
To scale only one instance of a component, select the component. To scale all instances of a component in your model, double click the component and then select an entity within that component. When you resize the component with the Measurement tool or the Scale tool, only that component will change.
How do you scale a page in InDesign?
Change the page size and adapt the content to fit
Choose File > Document Setup. Click the Adjust Layout button. Change the values for Width and Height. This changes the dimensions of all the pages in the document, and the text frames and images will scale and move to attempt to fit the new page dimensions.
How do you scale all objects in InDesign?
To scale multiple selected objects proportionately, press the Cmd+Shift (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift (PC) keys, then drag one of the selection handles outward to scale up or inward to scale down.