How do I change references in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do you break all mates in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part.
- For all items within the hierarchy of a subassembly, right-click the subassembly.
- For all items within the hierarchy of the assembly, right-click the assembly name at the top of the tree.
How do I turn off external references in Solidworks?
Click No External References (Assembly toolbar). Click Tools > Options > System Options > External References, and select Do not create references external to the model.
How do I change external references in Solidworks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
How do you fix a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do you change references in Solidworks?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do you lock parts in Solidworks assembly?
You can add new references to the component. You can replace broken sketch relations with sketch relations that do no reference the assembly.
To lock, unlock, or break the external references:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click List External Refs.
How do you break a pattern in Solidworks?
To specify the style of the break pattern, in the PropertyManager: Click the Styles tab.
Do one of the following:
- Click Insert > Model Break View.
- Click Model Break View (SOLIDWORKS MBD toolbar).
- In the ConfigurationManager , right-click a configuration and click New Model Break View .
How do you break references?
To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. A dialog box appears that lists the selected external references. Click OK.
How do I delete references in Solidworks?
To change or remove a reference:
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
How do you Unfix an assembly in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
What is an external reference solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I reference a different part in Solidworks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and select List External Refs.
How do you find external references in Solidworks?
To open the External References dialog box: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly or a subassembly, and click External References. Lists all components and features with external references hierarchically based on the assembly structure.