How do you hide layers in SketchUp?
- First, go to View > Animation > Settings. …
- In the Layers window, turn off the layers you want hidden.
- In the Scenes window, uncheck the Camera Location option. …
- In the Scenes window, click the “plus” sign to save the scene. …
- Go back to the Layers window and turn all layers on.
Choose View > Hidden Geometry or View > Hidden Objects again to clear the option and make the ghost pattern or object disappear. To change geometry from hidden to visible, you need to unhide it. Select the hidden geometry, context-click the selection, and choose Unhide.
Viewing and Hiding Layers
- Click the Main Menu icon ( ).
- Click the Layers icon ( ), and the Layers tab appears, as shown in the following figure. IMG.
How do you hide rest of models?
Now open Window > Preferences and the Shortcuts tab. In the filter field type hide and you should see the toggle option you want [View > Component Edit > Hide Rest of Model] – select it and enter a shortcut key – e.g. Ctrl+H – if it’s already defined decide to overwrite it or choose another key-combo…
How do I edit a block in SketchUp?
Editing all instances of a component
To open the context, you can double-click the component. Or select it, context-click the selection, and choose Edit Component, or simply hit Enter. Use the SketchUp drawing tools to edit your component.
Why can’t I hide a layer SketchUp?
You need to keep Layer0 set as the active layer and have your components on other layers, then use the visibility box for them. You cannot hide the layer that has the dot on the left. And that dot should always be on layer0.
How do I move an object to a layer in SketchUp?
Adding or moving content to a layer
- In the Layers panel, select the layer that you want to contain the entities. …
- With the Select tool ( ), select the entities that you want to move. …
- Context-click your selection, and choose Move to Current Layer on the menu that appears.
How do Layers work in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to add a layer to your SketchUp file:
- Choose Window→Layers. The Layers dialog box opens.
- Click the Add Layer button to add a new layer to the Layers list. If you want, you can double-click your new layer to rename it.
The Remove Hidden Lines tool is the inverse of the Show Hidden Lines tool. Click View tab Graphics panel Show Hidden drop-down (Show Hidden Lines). Place the cursor on an element that is hiding another element, and click to select it.
How do you Unsoften edges in Sketchup?
Use the Soften Edges panel.
- Choose View → Hidden Geometry so that the Hidden Geometry menu option is selected. This makes hidden edges visible.
- Select the edges you want to unsmooth.
- In the Soften Edges panel, move the slider all the way to the left.
How do I get rid of the grid in Sketchup?
Select your component, right click and choose Soften / Smooth Edges. This will open the Soften Edges tray (assuming you are using SketchUp 2018). Make sure “Smooth Normals” is checked and then adjust the Angle slider until you get the result you want.