How do you make a box in Solidworks?
Click Solids > Draw > Box (or type Box). Click in the graphics area, type a value to specify the first corner of the box, or enter the Center option and specify the center of the box. Enter the Cube option. Click in the graphics area or type a value for length, then press Enter.
How many methods are there to create a rectangle in Solidworks?
There are 4 Types of Rectangle sketching methods. They are Corner rectangle, Center Rectangle, 3 Point Corner Rectangle and 3 Point Center Rectangle. Each one of the methods is explained in step by step with images.
How do you define a rectangle in Solidworks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you draw a rectangle?
- Draw a straight, horizontal line using a ruler. …
- Make a shorter vertical line coming down from one end of the first line. …
- Draw a horizontal line coming off the bottom end of the vertical line. …
- Draw a vertical line between the ends of the two horizontal lines. …
- Color in your rectangle to make it pop.
How does sheet metal work in SolidWorks?
To convert a solid part to a sheet metal part:
- Create the solid part.
- Click Convert to Sheet Metal (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Convert To Sheet Metal .
- In the PropertyManager, under Sheet Metal Gauges, set options if you want to use a gauge table: …
- Under Sheet Metal Parameters:
How do you close a box in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Close Sketch to Model. An arrow points in the direction in which the sketch will close. (The extruded boss will either be within the sketch lines or outside of the sketch lines.) In the dialog box, select Reverse direction to close the sketch, if necessary.
How do you make a 3D shape in SolidWorks?
Beginning a 3D Sketch
- Click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch to open a 3D sketch on the Front plane in Isometric view.
- Select a plane and then click 3D Sketch on Plane (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch on Plane to add a 3D sketch in Normal to view.
How do you fill a hollow part in SolidWorks?
To create a filled surface, click Filled Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Fill, set the PropertyManager options, and click OK .