You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. … Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch. Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you Copy a sketch to another plane in Solidworks?
Copy / Paste: If you want to know how to copy a sketch in SOLIDWORKS, this just like you would any other copy / paste function in Windows. Just preselect the sketch then hit copy and then choose the face or plane to locate the copy and then hit paste to add it.
How do I Copy a feature from one part to another in Solidworks?
To copy features from one part to another part, tile the windows, then drag the features from one window to another, or use Copy and Paste (Standard toolbar).
How do you Copy and paste a sketch in Solidworks 2020?
Hold down Ctrl while dragging the sketch entity. To copy one or more sketch entities, select the entities, then click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the graphics area, then click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you copy a sketch onto another plane?
It’s also true that you can use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V (the keyboard shortcut combo for copy/paste) if you wish. The simple workflow is: select a sketch/sketch entity, copy it, and then go to the destination location. This can be in the same file or a different open file. Select a plane or a planar face, then paste away.
How do you move a sketch from one plane to another?
- In the Features list, double click the sketch you want to move to another plane.
- In the Sketch properties box that opened, click in the Sketch Plane box.
- Select a different plane in the Features list.
How do I project a sketch from one part to another in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
Can you duplicate a part in Solidworks?
To copy multiple components: In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy. Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area.
How do I insert a part into another part in Solidworks?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do I import a sketch into Solidworks?
To import a drawing into a part document:
- Open the drawing (. dwg or . …
- In the DXF/DWG Import dialog box, select Import to a new part and click Next.
- On the Drawing Layer Mapping tab, edit the sheet name and click Next.
- On the Document Settings tab, select Import this sheet and to a 2D sketch.
- Click Finish.
How do I move a sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
Select the sketch (in the same assembly) from which you want to derive a new sketch. Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch. Click Insert, Derived Sketch. The sketch appears on the plane of the selected face.
How do I create a new sketch in Solidworks?
Creating New Sketches with Existing Sketches
- Do one of the following: …
- Click a plane, face, or edge to add a new sketch, or click Extruded Boss/Base or Revolved Boss/Base .
- If you clicked Sketch. …
- Create the sketch, and dimension the sketch entities.
- Exit the sketch, or click Extruded Boss/Base or Revolved Boss/Base.
How do you Copy and rotate a sketch in Solidworks?
Move or Copy Sketch Entities
Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools, Sketch Tools, Move. Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools, Sketch Tools, Copy. Dimensions are moved or copied to the new location with the entities. Relations are moved or copied only if you select Keep relations.