Obj files can also be imported through SOLIDWORKS File/Open but you must select PS OBJ Reference Mesh (*. OBJ) as the file type before selecting the OBJ file.
How do I open a 3D object in SolidWorks?
To import a 3D model:
- Click Project > Models > Import Model.
- In the Import dialog box, browse to a model and click Open.
- In the Import Settings dialog box, accept the default settings and click OK. Depending on the size of the file and your computer hardware, it may take a few seconds for the model to load.
How do I open OBJ files in SolidWorks 2016?
Opening Scan Data
- Click Open and select one of the following types of scan data files in Files of type: Mesh Files (*. 3ds; *. obj; *. stl; *. wrl; *. ply; *. …
- Browse to a file for File name.
- Click Options, set the import options, then click OK.
- Click Open. Mesh or Point Cloud. appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
What type of files can SolidWorks open?
SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
How do I open a 3DS file in SolidWorks?
How to Convert 3DS to Solid in SolidWorks
- Start the 3DS Max application. …
- Click on the “3DS Max” icon on the upper left and choose “Export.” From the options, choose the standard “Export.” In the dialogue box, name the file, change the “Save as Type” to “Wavefront OBJ” and click “Save.”
- Start the SolidWorks application.
How do I convert STL to OBJ?
How to Convert STL to OBJ with Spin 3D Mesh Converter Software
- Download Spin 3D Mesh Converter Software. Download Spin 3D Mesh Converter Software. …
- Import STL Files into the Program. …
- Choose an Output Folder. …
- Set the Output Format. …
- Convert STL to OBJ.
What does OBJ file contain?
An OBJ file is a standard 3D image format that can be exported and opened by various 3D image editing programs. It contains a three-dimensional object, which includes 3D coordinates, texture maps, polygonal faces, and other object information. OBJ files may also store references to one or more .
How do I edit an OBJ file in SolidWorks?
Convert one 3-D program format to another using SolidWorks.
Convert OBJ files to SolidWorks files via software or online programs that require no downloads.
- Open the SolidWorks software. …
- Select the “OBJ” file extension from the drop-down menu. …
- Wait for SolidWorks to convert the OBJ format to SolidWorks.
How do I save an OBJ file in SolidWorks?
- Click File > Save As.
- Select a file format in Save as type: ScanTo3D (*. xyz) ScanTo3D (*. wrl). Click Options to set export options. ScanTo3D (*. stl). Click Options to set export options. ScanTo3D (*. 3ds) ScanTo3D (*. obj) …
- Browse to the desired location and click Save.
Can SolidWorks open FBX files?
The software recognizes model information in imported Autodesk . FBX files. … FBX importer supports geometry animation that you can import, play back, and output.
Can SOLIDWORKS Open BIM files?
SOLIDWORKS can export files to other BIM formats such as IFC (for ArchiCAD) and ACIS (. sat) by selecting File > Save As, then select the file type in the dropdown menu. There is nothing wrong with using this method, but it gives the user fewer options and does not offer RFA functionality.
Can SOLIDWORKS open Visio files?
To insert a Visio schematic into a drawing: Click Insert > Schematic. The Position Schematic PropertyManager opens. … To choose from the more extensive list in Visio, select Other from the bottom of the SOLIDWORKS list, or else make no selection.
Can SOLIDWORKS Open STEP files?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
How do I open a ply file in Solidworks?
To import mesh files:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select Mesh Files (*. stl, *. obj;*. off;*. …
- Browse to a file to open.
- Click Options.
- In the dialog box, set Import as to one of the following and click OK. Graphics Body. Solid Body. …
- Click Open. The file is imported.
What is Scan to 3D in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS® ScanTo3D is a utility for converting scanned data into solid models and works in conjunction with 3D Scanners. … Unlike using calipers or outsourcing, ScanTo3D allows you to quickly create 3D renderings from scanned data.
How do I convert solid graphics to Solidworks?
Go to System Options > Import, and set your File Format to STL. This is where we will change the import option to Solid Body. Now, the next time you open an STL, SOLIDWORKS will automatically convert the Mesh to a Solid Body. If the STL is not watertight, it will automatically convert it to a surface.