Does SketchUp have Array?
Making an external linear array in SketchUp is easy: Type the number of copies you want, followed by an x, and then press Enter. Type 3x and press Enter, for a total of four windows (Figure 1-4).
How do you make multiples in SketchUp?
Create multiple copies. Type 7x (or *7) to make 7 copies. Divide the distance between the copy and the original. Type 5/ (or /5) to create four copies evenly spaced between the original and the first copy.
How do I make a group in SketchUp?
To create a group, follow these steps:
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
How do you copy in SketchUp on a Mac?
How to Make Copies with the SketchUp Move Tool
- Press the Ctrl key to copy in Windows, and press the Option key to copy on a Mac. This tells SketchUp to switch from Move to Copy while you’re moving something with the Move tool. …
- Copying is just like moving, except you’re moving a copy.
How do you split a circle in SketchUp?
Dividing a line or arc
- Context-click a line or arc.
- Select Divide from the context menu. SketchUp place points on the line or arc to show where it will be divided.
- Move the cursor toward the center of the line or arc to reduce the number of segments. …
- Click the line when the number of segments you would like is shown.
What is offset in SketchUp?
The Offset tool enables you to offset a line or shape quickly and easily. For example, perhaps you’re a graphic designer who needs to outline a complex shape or an architect who needs to offset a footer in a foundation plan. Either way, the Offset tool can create the shape you need in only two clicks.
What do layers control in SketchUp?
In Layout, regular layers (also called nonshared layers) enable you to control the visibility of document content. For example, if you want to separate text from SketchUp model entities, you can place each type of entity on its own layer.