To delete a SOLIDWORKS Sketch Dimension you typically select the dimension and hit Delete. To edit the value of the dimension you would double-click on the value to open the Modify dialog.
How do you remove 3d sketch in Solidworks?
Adding and Removing Sketch Entities in Blocks
- In the Edit Sketch mode, select a Block. in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit Block. …
- Click Add/Remove Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Block Entities, select the entities you want to add or remove. …
- Click , click the block confirmation corner.
How do I delete a sketch entity in Solidworks?
If you add an unwanted sketch entity, activate the select tool by right-clicking and choosing it from the context menu. Select the undesired entities, and hit the delete key to remove them from the sketch.
How do I delete a drawing in Solidworks?
- Right-click anywhere in a drawing view and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion. If you delete a detail or section view, select Delete detail sketch or Delete section sketch so the sketch used to create the view is also deleted.
How do you delete a sketch?
1. In the graphics window or the Model Tree, select the sketch-based feature to delete. 2. Right-click and choose Delete from the shortcut menu.
How do you delete a 3d plane in Solidworks?
Sketch Plane References
- Select a parent feature that has a child feature. The child must be a sketch-based child, and the sketch must be dependent on the parent.
- Press the Delete key.
- In the dialog box, clear Also delete all child features, then click Yes. …
- Click Continue (Ignore Error) or Stop and Repair. …
- Click Close.
How do I remove a sketch line in Solidworks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
How do you delete an object in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do you delete part of an object in Solidworks?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do I delete a shape in Solidworks?
Click Delete/Keep Solid/Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body. In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies. For Bodies to keep or Bodies to delete, select bodies in the graphics area or from the Solid Bodies folder for Solid/Surface Bodies to Delete/Keep .
Can we delete a drawing view how?
How can we delete a drawing view? Drawing views can be deleted just like any other objects. Simply pre-select the view and hit the [Delete] key.
How do you delete a section view in Solidworks?
Creating Removed Section Views
- In a drawing, select a view.
- Click Removed Section (View Layout CommandManager tab or Drawing toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager, for Edge and Opposed Edge, select two edges from the same drawing view. …
- Select a cutting line placement method: …
- Move the pointer and click to place the view.
How do I delete steps in Solidworks?
To delete an explode step: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. Under Explode Steps, right-click an explode step and click Delete.
How do I delete a point in Solidworks?
Right-click on a point and click Edit Segment Points.
- In the Property Manager, edit the Number of Instances and click .
- To delete sketch points: Open the sketch used with the segment tool. Delete a sketch point, select a point or multiple points and right-click and Delete. or press the Delete key on the keyboard.
How do you delete a extruded part in Solidworks?
Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces. The green area is the face defining the extrude.