How do I edit a viewport?
Editing a Design Layer Displayed in a Viewport
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do you edit a viewport family in Revit?
To customize the information displayed in the view title, locate the view title family in the Project Browser. Right-click, and click Edit. The view title family opens in the Family Editor. We’ll customize the view title family by adding a label and selecting a view parameter to display in the view title.
How do I edit a viewport family?
Open a project that contains sheets that use the view title type (or a project into which you have loaded the view title type). In the Project Browser, expand Families Annotation Symbols. Right-click the name of the view title type to modify, and click Edit. Click File tab Open (Family).
How do you change a viewport text in Revit?
To change text in the view title, double-click the text, and edit it. To change the type of text used to display a label, select the label in the drawing area. On the Properties palette, select another label type from the Type Selector. Or, to edit text parameters for the current label type, click Edit Type.
How do I select a viewport?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you make a viewport?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, enter the new name for the viewport.
- Select the viewports from the Standard Viewports list.
- Click OK to create the new Viewport.
How do you rename a view in Revit?
Rename a View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the view name and click Rename, or select the view and press F2. …
- In the Rename View dialog, enter a new name for the view, and click OK.
- If a level and other plan views have the exact same name as the view, a dialog displays.
How do you crop a view in Revit?
Crop a View
- If the view is not cropped, On the View Control Bar, click (Crop View).
- If the view is cropped, but the crop region is not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar.
- Resize the crop region as necessary by using the drag control or setting the size explicitly.
How do you remove a scale from A viewport in Revit?
- Open the View Title family.
- Save it in your company library with a new name.
- Delete the scale label from the family.
- Adjust the position of the remaining elements as needed.
- Save the family again.
- Load the family into the project.
How do you shorten a viewport in Revit?
To change the length of the horizontal line that displays with the view title, do the following:
- Zoom in on the view title until you can clearly see the blue drag controls. Note: Be sure that you have selected the viewport for the view on the sheet. …
- Drag the controls to shorten or lengthen the horizontal line.
How do you make a viewport in Revit?
Create a Viewport Type
- Open a sheet.
- Select a viewport or view title for a view on the sheet.
- On the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- In the Name dialog, enter a name for the new viewport type, and click OK.
- Complete the parameters for the viewport type.
- Click OK.
How do I change the viewport size in Revit?
Right-click the activated view, and click Pan Active View. Drag the cursor to pan the view. Change the scale of the view. On the View Control Bar, for Scale, select the desired scale.
How do I add a viewport title in Revit?
Using the ribbon in a project.
- Open a Revit project.
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, navigate to the location of the view title type file. The default view title types contain View Title in their file names. …
- Select the view title type file, and click Open.
How do you make a title of viewport two lines in Revit?
If you want multiple lines of text on the title DONT change the View Name… it wont work. Start typing in the Title on Sheet box and whenever you want to start another line use Ctrl+Enter key, this will start a new line for you.