Binding Revit link makes elements from the link to change position in Revit.
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.
Can you import CAD into Revit section?
Open a Revit model, and use the Import CAD tool to import vector data from other CAD programs. If you want to import 3D geometry using SAT or 3DM files, see Import a 3D Shape. Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). … Note: If you open a DGN file, the Select View dialog displays.
In the drawing area, select the linked model instance, right-click, and click one of the following options: Reposition to Project Base Point: Positions the RVT link using the model’s Project Base Point as the insertion point, and aligns it to the Project Base Point in the host model.
Use the Bind Link command under the Modify Tab. When the Bind Links Options window appears, select Attached Details and click OK. This command will bind geometry from the linked model to the current project.
Use the Bind Link tool to select the elements and datum from a linked model to convert to a group.
- In the drawing area, select the linked model.
- Click Modify | RVT Links tab Link panel (Bind Link).
- In the Bind Link Options dialog, select the elements and datum to include in the group. Attached Details. …
- Click OK.
Explode Imported Geometry
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify |
tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
How do I import a CAD into Revit drafting?
Import a Drafting View From Another CAD Program
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- Enter a name and appropriate scale for the new drafting view.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- Select the detail and CAD format.
- Select the Current View Only option if you are in a detail view.
Within the Revit products the only way to know if a user linked a CAD file is to go to Insert tab and select the Manage Links button then the CAD Formats tab. Using this function in Revit gives the user an idea of what CAD Files in the Revit Model have been Linked.
What is the difference between “link CAD files” and “import CAD files” in Revit? Linked files retain the reference to the external files and will update when the Revit model is reopened or the linked file is reloaded. Imported files become a part of the Revit model and lose any connection to the source.
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
You can explode imported DWG 3D solid (not Polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment.
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.