How do I activate Parameters in Catia?
CATIA users working with non-Latin characters must check the Tools>Options>General>Parameters and Measure>Knowledge tab>Parameter Names>Surrounded by the symbol ‘ .
What type of Parameters can be created in Catia?
The created parameters only apply to edges, faces and vertex. The editor is similar to the Parameters Explorer editor. The Set of Parameters enables you to gather user parameters below a set. A given relation may take as its arguments both types of parameters (intrinsic and user).
How do I create an external Parameter in Catia?
Creating an External Parameter
- Make sure you have selected: The Parameters and the External References check boxes below the Display in Specification tree settings in the Tools>Options>Infrastructure> Part Infrastructure>Display dialog box, …
- Open the DeactivatingExternalParameter. CATProduct file.
How do you add relationships in Catia v5?
Creating Sets of Relations
- Click the icon, the Relations. 1 (or Relations. …
- Click either relation creation icon. …
- Click OK to display the next dialog box and enter the relation body.
- After you have finished specifying the new relation, click OK in the editor dialog box.
How do you add parameters in Catia?
In the Knowledge toolbar, select the Formula icon. In the New Parameter of type pull-down lists, select Length and Multiple Values, then click the New Parameter of type button. In the Value list dialog box, enter the standard thickness values, and click OK to return to the Formulas dialog box.
What is Catia knowledgeware?
Knowledgeware is a group of techniques that you can use to control parameters based on your knowledge of the model and its intended application. Incorporating Knowledgeware into model and analysis parameters allows other users to work with the model more effectively.
How do you enter formulas in CATIA?
In CATIA, we will create some parameters and then, when necessary, assign formulas to them to come up with our desired result. When you click on the icon, you get the Formulas dialog and when you click on the drop down list next to the New Parameter of Type button, you can see you have many, many options.
What is parametric design in CATIA?
Parametric 2D/3D modeling. Create parameters with different modalities. Dedicate a design table out side CATIA to modify created parameters. Establish related formulas to your design.