Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do I trim a part in SolidWorks?
To trim with the Power trim option: Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Trim. Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
How do you cut a 3D object in SolidWorks?
To trim a 3D sketch:
- Start the 3D sketch on a 2D plane.
- Then do either of the following: Right-click and select 3D sketch on a plane. Double-click a plane or sketch entity. You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside. Trim away outside. Trim to closest.
How do you cut edges in SolidWorks?
To create a corner-trim:
- Create a sheet metal part.
- Click Corner-Trim. (Sheet Metal toolbar) or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Corner Trim.
- In the Corner-Trim PropertyManager, set the following under Relief Options: Select edges for Corner edges . Click Collect all corners. Select a value for Relief Type. …
- Click .
How do you sweep cut in SolidWorks?
Swept Cut PropertyManager
- Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path. For a solid profile, open a part that has a tool body as the profile and a sketch path to follow.
- Click Swept Cut (Features toolbar).
How do you extrude a cut surface?
The Extruded Cut feature can be found on the features tab in the Command Manager interface as shown in Figure 1. You can also go to the toolbar and click Insert -> Cut -> Extrude to pull up the Cut-Extrude Feature menu as well.
How do you use the knit surface in SolidWorks?
To knit surfaces:
- Click Knit Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Knit. Create adjacent, non-intersecting surfaces.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Select Gap Control to view edge pairs that might introduce gap problems, and to view or edit the knitting tolerance or gap range. …
- Click OK .
What is boundary cut in SolidWorks?
A Boundary Surface can be used instead of a Filled Surface for a more controllable transition between faces. A Boundary Cut is created in the same way as a Boundary Boss/Base, but the volume of the feature is removed.