Can SketchUp import OBJ files?
OBJ Importer for SketchUp
Click on Settings to open the settings panel that contains import settings and licensing information. Activating and getting a trial license can also be done from this panel.
What 3D files can be opened in SketchUp?
- Your SketchUp Pro subscription comes with professional-level interoperability. …
- SketchUp Export: SKP, 3DS, DAE, DWG, DXF, FBX, IFC, OBJ, KMZ, STL, WRL, XSI, JPG, PNG, TIF, PDF (Mac Only ), EPS.
- LayOut Import: SKP, BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, RTF, TXT, DWG, DXF, CSV, TSV, XLSX.
How do I add extensions to SketchUp?
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- In SketchUp, select Extensions > Extension Manager. …
- Click the Install Extension button.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the . …
- When SketchUp warns you about installing only extensions from trusted sources, click Yes to proceed and install your extension.
How do I import STL files into SketchUp?
To import an STL file into SketchUp, follow these steps:
- Select File > Import.
- In the Import dialog box that opens, navigate to the STL file that you want to import and select it.
- (Optional) Select STereoLithography Files (. …
- (Optional) Select STereoLithography Files (.
Can you import STEP files into SketchUp?
Convert CAD files online, STP, PDF, IGS, X_T, SLDPRT
step to . stl, then import the . stl into SketchUp. The nice part is it can be done from the command line.
Can I import PDF to SketchUp?
Currently, you cannot import a PDF directly into Sketchup on the Windows version so the usual way to import something at least is to convert the PDF file into a raster image. In this SketchUp tutorial, we’ll introduce a free tool that you can use to convert PDF’s to DXF files, which you can import into Sketchup Pro.
How do I import a 3D Warehouse into SketchUp?
In SketchUp, locate and click the 3D Warehouse icon in the top toolbar and a 3D Warehouse window appears that connects you to the main page, as shown in the following figure. Alternatively, you can open the 3D Warehouse by selecting Window > 3D Warehouse from the menu bar.
How do I import items into SketchUp warehouse?
To import a 3D model directly from Trimble 3D Warehouse™:
- Click the Trimble 3D Warehouse button in the tool bar or choose the Window > Trimble 3D Warehouse menu item. Trimble 3D Warehouse™ page will be open in a pop-up browser window. …
- Find the model you want to import. …
- Click the Get Model button on the object page.
Where is the extension warehouse in SketchUp?
You can access the Extension Warehouse in SketchUp or in a web browser: In SketchUp, select Extensions > Extension Warehouse, and the Extension Warehouse home page appears, as shown in the following figure.
What is the file extension of SketchUp?
SketchUp is a 3D modeling program that is used primarily to produce architectural models. These models are saved as SKP files, also referred to as SketchUp documents.