Can you combine parts in an assembly in Solidworks?
In an assembly, you can join two or more parts to create a new part. The join operation removes surfaces that intrude into each other’s space, and merges the part bodies into a single solid volume.
Can you combine bodies in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How do you mate two parts in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
How do I merge surfaces in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Selections:
- Select faces and surfaces for Surfaces and Faces to Knit .
- Select Try to form solid to create a solid model from enclosed surfaces.
- Select Merge entities to merge faces with the same underlying geometry.
How do you join parts in SolidWorks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the new part name, select Rename Part, and rename the new part. Click Insert > Features > Join. Make selections and set options in the Join PropertyManager. Click to create the joined part.
What is merge result in SolidWorks?
The Merge results option of the Base Flange/Tab command lets you merge bodies with coplanar faces.
How do you Unfix a component in SolidWorks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you intersect in Solidworks?
A similar command to the combine is the intersect, this will create 4 discs where the cylinders intersect with the curved shape. This is located in Insert>Features>Intersect, then select all the bodies to intersect and click which sections are to be removed.
How do you merge objects on Inshape?
How it works
- Tap the Versions and history icon to open the panel:
- Tap the information icon next to the Source workspace and tap Merge:
How do you merge a tangent face in Solidworks?
Select Merge tangent faces to cause the corresponding surfaces in the resulting loft to be tangent if the corresponding lofting segments are tangent. Faces that can be represented as a plane, cylinder, or cone are maintained. Other adjacent faces are merged, and the sections are approximated.
How can you create relationships between parts within an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do I use assembly in Solidworks?
Creating an Assembly from a Part
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.