Click a tab to access information about that project. The tab displays one line for each project user. Your information line is highlighted. If you are working with a local copy of the project file, the top of the tab indicates how long ago you saved changes to the central file.
How do I open a central file in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
Where is the central file access Revit?
Click (History) in the upper-right corner of the pane. In the History dialog, for Show me up to, indicate the number of days of history to view. The History dialog displays information about each action involving the central file for the Revit project.
How do you find the central model in Revit?
Open the appropriate version of Revit. Click File > Open > and navigate to the central model on the server. Click once to select the central model. Verify that the Create New Local box is checked.
How do I use local and central files in Revit?
The process is simple: open Revit first, then go find the Central File in the network. Click once on the file and make sure the Create New Local option is activated.
What is central file in Revit?
The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How do I save a Revit model as central?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
What does detach from central mean in Revit?
Detach from central = opens the central model as a (temporarily undefined file) “copy” – the two options when doing this (discard or retain worksets) is the key. The former will remove all worksets from the “copy” and enable the user to save the model as a pure-standalone file, elsewhere.
How do I remove a Revit file from Central?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
How do you sync central Revit?
To save your changes locally, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. To save your changes to the central model using the current settings, click the Collaborate tab > Synchronize panel > Synchronize with Central drop-down > Synchronize Now.
- Open the project file (RVT) to use as the central model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). …
- If desired, rename the worksets.
- In the Worksharing dialog, click OK. …
- In the Worksets dialog, click OK. …
- Click Save As (Project).
Why is my Revit file not saving?
Typical causes of this include: The local file is outdated or was not synchronized for a period. The central file had many changes invalidating the local file. The central file was rolled back to a previous backup version.