How do you combine objects in SketchUp?
The Join tool enables you to glue the pieces together. Select the Join tool ( ), which you find on the default toolbar or by selecting Tools > Join. Click an edge in each piece with the Join tool cursor.
How do you group things in SketchUp?
To create a group, follow these steps:
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
How do you make an object dynamic in SketchUp?
To add attributes, follow these steps:
- Select the component you want to make dynamic.
- On the Dynamic Components toolbar, click the Component Attributes tool ( ) or select Window > Component Attributes. …
- Click the Add Attribute plus sign icon to see a list of options.
How do you create components and groups in SketchUp?
Creating components in SketchUp is very similar to creating groups. Simply select the objects you would like to make up your component, right click, and select the “Create Component” option. A box will pop up allowing you to enter some information for your component.
What does Weld edges do in SketchUp?
Weld Edges in SketchUp
‘Weld Edges’ has been added to SketchUp’s native tools. This means you can merge edges and arcs into a single polyline without installing an extension. To merge edges and arcs, right-click and select ‘Weld Edges’.
What is the difference between group and component in SketchUp?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.
How do you group things together?
To group objects:
- Hold the Shift (or Ctrl) key and click the objects you want to group.
- Click the Group command on the Format tab, then select Group.
- The selected objects will now be grouped.
How do you make an object unique in Sketchup?
Changing a single component instance
- Select the component instance that you want to edit.
- Context-click the selected instance and choose Make Unique, as shown in the figure. …
- Open the context for the unique component. …
- Use the SketchUp drawing tools to make changes to the component.
How do you make blocks in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to create a component:
- Select the geometry you want to include in your component. …
- Choose Edit > Make Component from the menu bar, or context-click the selection and choose Make Component. …
- In the Definition box, type a meaningful name for your component.
How do you make a live component in SketchUp?
You can configure Live Components inside SketchUp using any of the methods that would allow you to edit a normal component. This includes double clicking the component or using right-click-> Configure Live Component.
How do you create layers in SketchUp?
Creating and deleting layers
- In the Layers panel, click the Add New Layer button (the plus sign). …
- Double-click the new layer’s name to open the name for editing or select it and press Enter, as shown in the following figure (as the panel appears in Mac OS X).
- Type a name for the layer and press Enter.
How do you insert objects in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. …
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
What is geometry in SketchUp?
Geometry in Google Sketchup, consists of faces and edges (lines). It takes at least three lines to create one single face.