How do I add a surface to a data shortcut?
Exercise 2: Creating Data Shortcuts
- Click Manage tab Data Shortcuts panel Create Data Shortcuts Find. Note: …
- In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select the following check boxes: Surfaces. …
- Click OK. Now that the data shortcuts have been created, the current drawing is associated with the data shortcuts project.
How do I create a data shortcut in Civil 3D 2020?
To create data shortcuts
Each data shortcut is stored in a separate XML file. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts. In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK.
How do you reference data shortcuts in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts. In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK. Now you can create references to the data shortcuts in other drawings.
What is a data shortcut CAD?
The data shortcut is used only for the creation of data references. A data reference is a read-only copy of a source object, inserted into another drawing, often called a consumer drawing. From the Prospector tab, you can select a shortcut for an object and create a reference to that object in the active drawing.
How do I make an alignment a data shortcut?
To create a reference to a data shortcut alignment
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, ensure that the correct working folder is identified on the Data Shortcuts node.
- Expand the Data Shortcuts Alignments collection.
- Right-click the desired alignment, and then click Create Reference.
How do you update data shortcuts in Civil 3D?
Source DWG file is renamed after data shortcut has been created
- Data shortcut has already been created.
- DWG that contains the source Civil 3D object is renamed, saved, and closed.
Can you data shortcut a corridor?
With Shortcuts, a project is easily divided into different disciplines such as Corridors, Pipe Networks, Surfaces and Alignments. … Should Data Shortcuts be used for that? If so, why?” Yes!
How do I create an alignment in Civil 3D?
Creating an Alignment with the Alignment Layout Tools
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Alignment drop-down Alignment Creation Tools . …
- In the Create Alignment – Layout Dialog Box, enter a unique name for the alignment.
- Specify the alignment Type.
- Enter an optional description.
- Enter a starting station value.
How do I open data shortcut editor?
To Access the Data Shortcuts Editor
In the Data Shortcuts Editor window, click File menu Open Data Shortcuts Folder, and navigate to the project folder that contains the data shortcuts you want to edit.
How do you create a reference in Civil 3D?
To create a reference to a data shortcut surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in Master View, ensure that the correct working folder is identified on the Data Shortcuts node.
- Expand the Data Shortcuts Surfaces collection, right-click the desired surface, and then click Create Reference.
Why is create reference grayed out in Civil 3D?
These are disabled typically becasue of one of two reasons: The drawing into which you are attempting to reference this data shortcut is not saved. Save the file and you should be able to DREF. You are trying to reference an object that already exists in the file.
How do you data reference a pipe network in Civil 3D?
To create a reference to a pipe network in a Vault project
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in Master View, expand the Projects <project name> Pipe Networks collection, right-click the desired network, and then click Create Reference.