How do I make a hole in Revit?
To place holes
- Click Steel tab Fabrication Elements panel (Holes).
- Select the element face to which the hole pattern will be perpendicular.
- Click Modify | Create Hole Pattern tab Draw panel and select either: …
- Sketch the shape of the hole pattern on the element face.
How do I use the Cut tool in Revit?
Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters. In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK. Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry).
What is cut opening?
Cut Opening is used to generate and control opening elements in Revit® models. Openings can be created where ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits intersect walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams or columns. This advanced BIM solution can create modified openings with holding details for structural beams.
How do you cut a solid in Revit?
Solid forms will only cut the following solids: Form elements.
Family instances inside of the massing editor.
- Create two adjacent solid forms. …
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Cut).
- Select the solid form to be cut.
- Select the cutting solid form.
How do you cut an extrusion in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.