How do you delete a global variable?
To delete a global variable from the global variable list, move the cursor to the line that contains the variable name and press the Delete function key.
How do I change a global variable in Solidworks?
Changing Global Variables with the Modify Dialog Box
- In the FeatureManager design tree, click a feature with a dimension linked to a global variable. …
- In the sketch, double-click the linked dimension.
- In the Modify dialog box, change the dimension value.
- Click Rebuild and .
Where are global variables in Solidworks?
Global variables and their current values appear: In the Equations dialog box. In the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree.
What is global variable solidworks?
Global variables in SOLIDWORKS are user-defined names that are assigned numeric values. These can be used directly in a dimension or used in an equation. They make it easier to understand and modify equations. … Here you can see and modify all the equations and global variables.
How do you delete a formula error in Solidworks?
Deleting an Equation
- Select one or more rows, containing the global variables or equations you want to delete and right-click.
- From the flyout menu, select Delete or the Delete key.
- Click OK to close the Equations dialog box.
How do you delete a global variable in Python?
You can change the value of a Python global variable by simply assigning it a new value (redeclaring). To delete a variable, use the keyword del .
How do you assembly a global variable in Solidworks?
Creating a Global Variable
- In the model, double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box for dimensions displays, showing the name of the dimension and the current value.
- In the second line of the Modify dialog box, enter = (equal sign). …
- Click the Create Global Variable button, or hit Enter, or click. …
How do I edit a formula in Solidworks?
To edit an equation:
- Do one of the following: Click Equations (Tools toolbar). …
- Select the Equation View .
- Select an equation, global variable or dimension.
- Edit the entry. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do configurations work in Solidworks?
To create a configuration, you specify a name and properties, then you modify the model to create the design variations you want. In part documents, configurations allow you to create families of parts with different dimensions, features, and properties, including custom properties.
What do you mean by global variable?
In computer programming, a global variable is a variable with global scope, meaning that it is visible (hence accessible) throughout the program, unless shadowed. The set of all global variables is known as the global environment or global state.
How do you parameterize in Solidworks?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do you apply an equation in Solidworks?
Adding a Sketch Equation
- Click Equations (Tools toolbar).
- Click Tools > Equations.
- Right-click the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
How do you assign a variable in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension. If you do not enter the equal sign, you can create a new global variable, but it will not be assigned to the dimension. Type a name for the global variable.
How do you do parametric equations in Solidworks?
On the Sketch toolbar, click the Spline flyout, and then select Equation Driven Curve or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Equation Driven Curve . Under Equation Type, select Explicit or Parametric. 3D sketches support parametric equations only.