How do I delete a plane in Solidworks?
To hide or show individual planes:
- Right-click the plane in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Hide or Show. Individual planes always are highlighted when you select them, even when hidden.
How do I change the reference plane in Solidworks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do I delete an entity in Solidworks?
Adding and Removing Sketch Entities in Blocks
- In the Edit Sketch mode, select a Block. in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit Block. …
- Click Add/Remove Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Block Entities, select the entities you want to add or remove. …
- Click , click the block confirmation corner.
How do you delete a stray point in Solidworks?
Right-click on a point and click Edit Segment Points. The sketch will update with the specified segments. or press the Delete key on the keyboard.
How do I delete a sketch plane in Solidworks?
Sketch Plane References
- Select a parent feature that has a child feature. The child must be a sketch-based child, and the sketch must be dependent on the parent.
- Press the Delete key.
- In the dialog box, clear Also delete all child features, then click Yes. …
- Click Continue (Ignore Error) or Stop and Repair. …
- Click Close.
How do I edit a plane in Solidworks?
Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch Plane . Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face . Click OK .
How do you change the plane in Solidworks 3D sketch?
To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the required sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.
Can I move a plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following: Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle. Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane. … Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you delete something in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do you delete part of an object in Solidworks?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do I delete a segment in Solidworks?
Delete relations before you drag an entity to detach.
Using Detach Segment on Drag
- Open any sketch with segments or closed spline endpoints.
- Right-click the entity to detach and click Detach Segment on Drag . …
- Drag the endpoint to the desired location.
- Right-click the entity and clear Detach Segment on Drag.
How do you remove points from a line in Solidworks?
To delete sketch points:
- Open a sketch on which you previously used the Segment tool to create sketch points. You must have created the sketch in SOLIDWORKS 2016 or later.
- Delete a sketch point. The spacing for the remaining sketch points adjusts so the points remain equidistant to each other along the sketch entity.