How do you duplicate elements in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to copy, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Copy).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Copy), select the elements to copy, and then press Enter .
What is the difference between duplicate and duplicate with detailing in Revit?
Duplicate creates a copy of the view that only includes the building elements, as shown below. Annotation and detailing are not copied into the new view. … Duplicate with Detailing creates a copy of the view and includes all annotation and detail elements (such as tags), as shown below.
How can duplicate with Dependent be used in Revit?
An example of using the “duplicate as dependent” option would be when a floor plan is too large for one sheet and is separated across multiple sheets. When the properties of the match line are changed in the parent view, it is also changed in both dependent views.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do you duplicate a group in Revit?
Duplicate Group Types
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
How do you duplicate a view independent in Revit?
You can convert a dependent view to an independent view. In the Project Browser, right-click a dependent view, and click Convert to independent view.
How do you do Matchlines in Revit?
Add a Matchline
- Open the primary view from which your dependent views were created.
- If crop regions are not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. …
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Matchline).
- Sketch the matchline.
- When finished, click Finish Matchline.
How do you duplicate a project in Revit?
Open up your new template file and your project in the same window, so you can go to the window tab and switch from project to project. You might be able to go into your template file and in the browser you can copy stuff over from the template file into your project.
How do you duplicate a view template in Revit?
You can create a view template by duplicating an existing view template and making necessary modifications. You can also create a view template from a project view. Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down View Template Settings. The View Templates dialog displays.
How can duplicate with Dependent be used?
Duplicating as a dependent will create identical copies of the original view, the new views are also tied to the original view as child objects. What this means is if you add a dimension in the ordinal view all dependent views will also have the new dimension.
How do you duplicate a floor in Revit?
- Copy to Clipboard (CTRL+C) or from the Modify ribbon>Clipboard panel, choose Copy.
- On the Modify ribbon > Clipboard, click the drop down arrow under the Paste command.
- Select “Aligned to Selected Levels”
- Choose the Target level (i.e. Level 2)
- Switch to a 3D View to see the results.