To do this, start by going to the configuration tab, right click on design table, and click edit design table. Click on the cell to the right of the last dimension. Go to the part tree, click on the sketch and then click on the dimension that needs to be added to the design table.
How do I add a parameter to a design table in Solidworks?
Right-click an item and select Configure dimension, Configure feature, or Configure component. Then select Auto-create in the Design Table PropertyManager when you create the design table. Search ‘Manually Add Parameters in a Design Table’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Can you use a design table to create a new configuration?
If a model document uses a design table to generate multiple configurations, you can display the table in a drawing of that model. This way, a single drawing can represent all the configurations. You can select design table settings when you insert a design table.
How do you update a design table in Solidworks?
Editing a Design Table
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click Design Table and select Edit Table or Edit Table in New Window. …
- Edit the table as needed. …
- Click outside of the table to close it. …
- If you receive a confirmation message that the design table generated new configurations, click OK.
How do you create a configuration table in Solidworks?
To start a Modify Configurations table, right-click on any feature, dimension, mate or component and select the “Configure Feature”, “Configure Dimension” or “Configure Component” command.
What program do you need to create a design table?
Design Tables are Excel spreadsheets which are embedded in a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly. The layout of a Design Table is very similar to that of a Configuration Publisher, in that features and components can be suppressed, dimensions changed and Configuration Specific Properties set.
What is the advantage of creating a design table?
What is the advantage of creating a design table? Saves time and effort in creating objects with similar shapes, but different dimensions.
How do you suppress a feature in Solidworks design table?
Manual Method. To suppress individual features in the Feature Properties dialog box: Right-click the feature you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).
How do I add a design table in Solidworks?
To insert the design table into a drawing:
- In a drawing of the part or assembly, select a drawing view.
- Click Insert > Tables > Design Table. The design table appears, and you can drag it into place on the sheet.
Inserting the Microsoft Excel File
- In a part or assembly document, click Design Table (Tools toolbar) or Insert > Tables > Design Table.
- In the PropertyManager, under Source, select From file, then click Browse to locate the Excel file.
- Optional: Select Link to file, which links the table to the model.
Do you need Excel for Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS 2018 on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 requires the Microsoft April 2014 update.
|Microsoft Excel and Word|
|SOLIDWORKS 2020 (EDU 2020-2021)||2013, 2016, 2019|
|SOLIDWORKS 2021 (EDU 2021-2022)||2016, 2019|
|SOLIDWORKS 2022 (EDU 2022-2023)||2016, 2019, 2021 (To be announced)|
How do you add dimensions to a design table?
Go to the part tree, click on the sketch and then click on the dimension that needs to be added to the design table. The name of the dimension and the default value will be automatically added. The name of the feature can also be manually entered, but it is much easier to use the part tree.
How do I create a part configuration in Solidworks?
To add and edit configurations:
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.