How do you make a section cut in SketchUp?
If you want to view the structures within to check them or make changes you can cut them using the Section Plane tool.
- Open SketchUp and open your drawing.
- Click the “Section Plane” tool from the Guide toolbar or the “Tools” menu.
- Click on a section to cut into it. Press “Esc” to undo the cut.
What are section planes?
Definition of section plane
1 : a surface seen in section (as in cross section) 2 : a hypothetical plane cutting a section.
How are cutting planes section planes drawn?
The line of sight for the section view is perpendicular to the cut surfaces, which means they are drawn true size and shape in the section view. Also, no hidden lines are drawn and all visible surfaces and edges behind the cutting plane are drawn as object lines.
How do you add a section plane in SketchUp?
Adding a section plane
- Select the Section Plane tool ( ) or select Tools > Section Plane. Microsoft Windows users find the Section Plane tool on the Sections toolbar. …
- With the section plane cursor, shown in the following figure, click a face to place your section plane.
How do I make a section in SketchUp?
To add a section plane, follow these steps:
- Choose Tools, Section Plane to activate the Section Plane tool. …
- Move the Section Plane tool around your model. …
- After you figure out where you want to cut, click once to add a section plane. …
- Choose the Move tool.
How do I show the section of a layout in SketchUp?
- Choose Window>Styles to open the Styles Manager.
- Click the Create New Style button (see below).
- Give your style a meaningful name; I suggest something like “Sections”. …
- Use the settings in the Edit tab to make your model look exactly the way you want it to.
How do I fill a section cut in SketchUp?
Right-click the Section Cut and choose Add SectionCutFace from the context menu. This will launch a dialog with a ton of options. Here you can choose the type of fill, whether to hides edges, lock the cut etc.
How do you create a section?
Add a section break
- Select where you want a new section to begin.
- Go to Layout > Breaks.
- Choose the type of section break you want: Next Page Section break starts the new section on the following page. Continuous Section break starts the new section on the same page.