How do you manipulate a viewport in AutoCAD?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do you move an object freely in AutoCAD?
Move selected objects quickly by dragging , grip-editing, or nudging. Drag objects within a drawing, or between open drawings and other applications. Dragging with the right button on the pointing device allows you to specify whether to move, copy, or create a block from the dragged objects.
How do you manipulate a viewport?
Editing a Design Layer Displayed in a Viewport
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do you center an object in a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Align Objects Between Layout Viewports
- Click Home tab Draw panel Construction Line.
- Specify a point displayed in the first layout viewport. …
- Click Home tab Modify panel Move.
- Select the layout viewport to align to the first layout viewport. …
- When prompted for a base point, specify a point in the second layout viewport.
How do you move the paper space in AutoCAD?
Go to Home tab > Modify panel (expanded)> Change Space to start the CHSPACE command. At the prompt, select one or more objects to move. Press Enter to end selection and the command. AutoCAD moves the selected objects to the other space.
How do you change the shape of a viewport?
You can also select the viewport, right click, select ‘Viewport Clip’ (runs VPclip), then choose Polygonal and draw in the new shape of the viewport.
How do you drag objects in AutoCAD?
With your left mouse button, click and hold down the mouse button anywhere on the object (or any one of the objects). You’ll see an arrow cursor. Drag (with the mouse button still held down) the object(s) wherever you want. Release the mouse button.
How do you move an image in AutoCAD?
To Move an Image
- Click Raster menu Correlate Displace.
- Select an image to move by clicking its image frame.
- Select the base point on the image you want to move. …
- Select the destination point for the image.
How do you rotate an object in AutoCAD?
To Rotate an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Rotate. Find.
- Select the object to rotate.
- Specify the base point for the rotation.
- Do one of the following: Enter the angle of rotation. Drag the object around its base point and specify a point location to which you want to rotate the object.
How do you extend a viewport in AutoCAD?
Click a layout tab. Select a layout viewport. Click one of the rectangular size grips on the layout viewport border, and adjust its location.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport in AutoCAD?
Creating Odd-Shaped Viewports in AutoCAD
- Click the Clip tool in the Layout tab’s Layout Viewports panel. …
- At the Select viewport to clip: prompt, click the viewport border.
- At the Select clipping object or [Polygonal]
: prompt, press ↵.
- Turn off Object Snap, and draw the outline shown in the top portion.
How do you center an object in a viewport?
Make your viewport active and use Zoom->Object (pre-select or post-select the object/s) to maximize and center a selected object or grouping of objects in the viewport.
How do you align objects in Autocad?
To Align two Objects in 2D
- Click Home tab Modify panel Align. Find.
- Select the objects that you want to align.
- Specify a source point and then the corresponding destination point. To rotate the object, specify a second source point followed by a second destination point.
- Press Enter to end the command.