Go to Solution. You can’t delete multiple selected vertices – BUT – you can remove multiple vertices from a polyline. If your hatch doesn’t have a polyline boundary then use RECREATE to build one, then use PEDIT to edit the vertices and remove the ones you don’t want.
How do you delete multiple vertices in AutoCAD?
To Delete a Vertex in a Polyline
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. …
- Select a polyline.
- Enter e (Edit vertex). …
- Enter s (Straighten).
- Use the Next option to move the X to the vertex immediately following the one that you want to delete.
- Enter g (Go). …
- Enter x (Exit) to end editing vertices.
How do you select multiple vertices in AutoCAD?
First, select object, press and hold Shift key than move crosshair near to blue grip on object. Then with quick move the crosshair to the grip and press the mouse button (you should have time before the grip tooltip appear).
How do you simplify polylines with many vertices?
To simplify a polygon or polyline:
- Select the polygon and/or polyline to simplify.
- Select Modify > Drafting Aids > Simplify Polys.
- Set the parameters and click OK to simplify the polygon/polyline.
How do I remove multiple vertex?
The simplest way of deleting an existing vertex is to Select the Polyline, and then point the cursor at the vertex you want to remove. Then wait for a second and AutoCAD will give you an option to stretch, add or remove the vertex. At that point you just have to click on remove and the vertex will be gone.
How do you remove the vertex?
Below are some of the ways to delete a vertex:
- Click the Delete Vertex tool on the Edit Vertices toolbar and click the vertex you want to delete.
- Hold down the D key and click the vertex. …
- Position the pointer over the vertex until the pointer changes to the move pointer , right-click, then click Delete Vertex.
How do you select vertices in AutoCAD?
Select Multiple Faces, Edges, or Vertices
Press Ctrl+click as you select faces, edges, or vertices. Note: If a subobject selection filter is active, you do not need to press Ctrl before clicking a face, edge, or vertex.
How do you simplify polylines with many vertices in AutoCAD?
Currently, there is no dedicated command in AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT to simplify such complex polylines. On AutoCAD Map 3D and Civil 3D, a dedicated function is available. See: About Weed Polylines. Note: The process is called weeding and there are several custom LISPs which may be used in AutoCAD to achieve this.
How do I reduce a polygon in AutoCAD?
Reduce a mesh by a given percentage (fraction)
- Choose Mesh > Mesh Cleanup > Mesh Reduce . …
- In the option window, set Mode to Fraction.
- Adjust the Reduction % slider to reflect the percentage of triangles you want to keep in the mesh.
- Select the mesh to reduce.
- Click the Reduce button.
How do you reduce points in polyline?
Reduce the number of points in a polyline using Didger
- Select the line.
- Click Draw | Resample Polyline.
- In the Resample Polyline dialog, Select your resampling direction. Enter your starting, ending, and increment values. Uncheck Create New Line. Click OK.
How do you delete a node in Autocad?
To Delete Links, Nodes, and Polygons
- Open the drawing where the topology was created and load the topology.
- Do one of the following: To delete a node from a node topology, in Map Explorer, right-click the topology. Click Delete Node. …
- Select the object(s) to delete. To select a polygon, click near its centroid.
How do you simplify drawings in Autocad?
Enter the PURGE command and select all options. Enter the -SCALELISTEDIT command and reset the scale list. Enter the FILTERS command and delete layer filters. Use SAVEAS to save a new file or save overtop of the original.