What is the scale tool in Sketchup?
The scale tool is a great function in Sketchup, allowing quick resizing of objects while retaining proportions. Most of us use the scale tool on groups and components, but you can also scale anything in Sketchup, including any number of entities in a selection.
How do you scale an object?
To Scale an Object by Reference
- Click Home tab Modify panel Scale. Find.
- Select the object to scale.
- Select the base point.
- Enter r (Reference).
- Select the first and second reference points, or enter a value for the reference length.
How do you use the scale tool in Indesign?
Scale an object using the Scale command
- Choose Object > Transform > Scale.
- Double-click the Scale tool .
- Select the Scale tool and Alt‑click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) on or near the object to select a new reference point.
How do you scale a component?
To scale only one instance of a component, select the component. To scale all instances of a component in your model, double click the component and then select an entity within that component. When you resize the component with the Measurement tool or the Scale tool, only that component will change.
What is scale tool?
The Scale tool lets you enlarge or reduce objects and shapes. Click the Scale tool or press S to select it.
How do you scale a drawing?
Drawings can be scaled up or down using either a calculator or a scale rule. To scale a drawing using a calculator: divide the measurement by the scale if you want to reduce the drawing in size, or. multiply the measurement by the scale if you want to increase it in size.
How do u find the scale factor?
The basic formula to find the scale factor of a figure is: Scale factor = Dimensions of the new shape ÷ Dimensions of the original shape. This can also be used to calculate the dimensions of the new figure or the original figure by simply substituting the values in the same formula.
How do you scale a dynamic component in Sketchup?
PRO This is a Pro only feature.
- Context-click on the component. …
- Select the Dynamic Components > Component Attributes menu item. …
- Click the + button next to the component’s name. …
- Click on the add attribute button in the last row of the attributes list. …
- Click on the Scale tool attribute in the list.
Can you change SketchUp to metric?
In SketchUp Desktop: You can change units in SketchUp (desktop) by going to Window > Model Info > Units. This will automatically change all of the dimensions in the model to match.