Where did my SketchUp files go?
The autosave files for SketchUp are saved in the “Windows” folder on your C drive, within a folder called “My Documents”. This is where you’ll find them if they’ve not been deleted or corrupted.
How do I open SketchUp files?
In SketchUp Desktop Viewer, to open a SketchUp ( .
Opening a model
- Select File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, as shown in the following figure, navigate to the location where the . skp file is saved on your hard drive.
- Select the file and click the Open button. The model appears in the viewer.
How do I edit a SketchUp file?
How to edit an SKP model online using the SketchUp web application:
- Open a web browser.
- Go to the Sketchup web app.
- Sign up or sign in to your account.
- Import an SKP model.
- Edit the model using available tools.
- Download the edited SKP model to your PC.
How do I recover a SketchUp file?
To find and open a recovered file, open the “Welcome to SketchUp” window, select the Files tab, and select the file you want to recover from the Recent list.
Where is AutoSave in SketchUp?
An Auto-Save file is a temporary file available on the file system should SketchUp abnormally exit. The Auto-Save file is saved in the directory where the original . skp file exists. The Auto-Save file name will be a combination of the word ” AutoSave ” with the original filename.
How do I open an old SketchUp file?
- Open the version of SketchUp that matches the version of the SketchUp file. …
- Open the SketchUp file by clicking File > Open.
- Click File > Save As… …
- Click the Save as Type drop-down menu and choose the version of SketchUp you would like use to open the file.
How do I convert SketchUp to PDF?
To export your document as a PDF, follow these steps, which reflect the selected operating system:
- From the menu bar, select File > Export > PDF. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the PDF.
- In the File Name box, type a name for the file.
- Click the Save button.
How do you create a project in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- In SketchUp for Web, click the Open Model/Preferences icon ( ).
- On the panel that appears, click the New Model icon ( ). The following figure shows your template options.
- Select a template that reflects your desired units of measure. Your options include feet and inches, meters, or millimeters.
How do I change the field of view in SketchUp?
Changing the field of view or focal length
- Select the Zoom tool or press the Z key. You can also select Camera > Field of View from the menu bar.
- Type a value in degrees or millimeters, respectively. For example, typing 45 deg sets a 45 degree field of view; typing 35 mm sets a focal length equivalent to a 35mm camera.
What are scenes in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, making a scene doesn’t disturb anybody. In fact, scenes help you save different model views and properties and then present those views to other people. When you create a scene, a tab appears at the top of the drawing area, so you can simply click the tab to display the saved view.
Why is SketchUp not responding?
“Not responding” generally indicates that SketchUp is busy working on something. If the file is large or heavily detailed it could be that your computer is slow enough that it will take time. It might be that SketchUp is trying to fix something.
How do you undo a revert in SketchUp?
To Undo, select Edit > Undo Whatever You Just Did from the menu bar, as shown in the figure. The official keyboard shortcut for Undo is Alt+Backspace.