Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do I change SolidWorks to metric?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change the Units in SolidWorks?
It is sometimes required to change the unit system of a particular file. This can be done by changing the Units settings from Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units. The same menu can be accessed in the bottom right hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS window.
How do you change inches to mm in SolidWorks 2019?
How to change default unit system in SolidWorks
- Open a new part file in SolidWorks.
- Go to options.
- Click on document properties, click on units, change the default unit system as you want, and then click OK.
- Go to the file menu and click Save As.
How do I change dimension type in SolidWorks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
What size is 2 inch in MM?
Inch to Millimeter Conversion Table
|Inch [in]||Millimeter [mm]|
|1 in||25.4 mm|
|2 in||50.8 mm|
|3 in||76.2 mm|
|5 in||127 mm|
How do I change units in Solidworks 2021?
Setting Default Units
- Click Simulation > Options.
- On the Default Options tab, select Units.
- Under Unit system, select a unit system. …
- Under Units, select specific units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do you change units to feet in Solidworks?
Select Units. Then change the Unit System over to Custom. (This option then allows the Length option from Basic Units to change.) Select microinches, mils, inches, feet, or feet & inches in order to be able to use the Fractions selection.
How do you pan in Solidworks?
Click Pan (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Pan, then drag the pointer . Hold down Ctrl and drag. (In an active drawing, you do not need to hold down Ctrl.) Hold down Ctrl and press the arrow keys.
How do I change dimension properties in Solidworks?
In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar), select Document Properties, and then select Dimensions.