Select the dimension and drag and drop the arrowhead handle to another edge. This method works for radial, diameter, and chamfer dimensions only. To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view.
How do I change dimension position in Solidworks?
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand Dimensions.
- Click a dimension type, for example, Angle.
- In Text position, select a position, for example, Broken Leader, Horizontal Text .
- Click OK.
How do you control dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do you move a dimension to a detail view in Solidworks?
Once the dimension is imported into the Section View, expand the Detail View circle to see the entire diameter, then hold Shift and drag the dimension to the Detail View. With this dimension moved, you can resize the Detail View circle and the dimension will automatically be foreshortened.
How do you align dimensions in Solidworks?
In a drawing view, select a group of dimensions. on the Align toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Align Collinear/Radial . The selected dimensions are arranged in a straight line. They also are grouped, and retain the linear arrangement when moved.
How do you change from horizontal to dimension in Solidworks?
To specify a horizontal dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Horizontal Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Horizontal. …
- Select the two entities to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click a location to place the dimension.
How do you parameterize a dimension in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign) and several characters of the global variable name. A flyout menu appears with a name that matches the characters you have typed. Both dimensions become linked to the global variable. Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do you move a part in Solidworks?
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do you Foreshorten a dimension in Solidworks?
You can foreshorten (or clip) linear dimensions in any type of drawing view. To foreshorten linear dimensions: Right-click the side of the dimension to foreshorten and click Display Options > Foreshorten.
How do you move text size in Solidworks?
To move Dimension text:
- Type MoveDimensionText at the command prompt.
- In the graphics area, select a Dimension.
- Specify the new text position. The Dimension text moves to the new location. The dimension line is aligned to the new position of the Dimension text.
How do I add a dimension to a Solidworks drawing?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.