Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify |
To pin and element, do one of the following:
- Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify > Element tab > Modify panel > (Pin).
- Click Modify tab > Modify panel > (Pin), select the elements to be pinned, and then press Enter.
In the drawing area, select the linked Revit model. Click Modify | RVT Links tab Link panel (Bind Link). In the Bind Link Options dialog, select the elements and datum to include in the group, and click OK.
How do you lock something in Revit?
Open the Revit Server Administrator. In the tree control, select the item, and click (lock). Note: If you use the command-line utility to apply a lock, the lock icon displays after a refresh operation, and information about the model in use displays in the right pane.
To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models. Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
Hide a Linked Model in a View
- Open the view where you want to hide the linked model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- In the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog, click the Revit Links tab.
- In the Visibility column, clear the check box for the linked model.
- Click OK.
How do you make an object Unselectable in Revit?
What version of Revit are you using? 2015 and above has a feature to make pinned objects, unselectable. At the bottom right of your Revit window, look for the button circled in the attached photo. Toggle it so you can select your pinned objects.
How do you unpin an object in Revit?
- Select the elements to be unpinned, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Unpin).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Unpin), select the elements to be unpinned, and then press Enter .
How do you lock a wall in Revit?
Use Pins to Lock Elements in Place
- Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Pin).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Pin), select the elements to be pinned, and then press Enter .
How do you pin a grid line in Revit?
- On the ribbon, click (Grid). Architecture tab Datum panel (Grid) Structure tab Datum panel (Grid)
- Click Modify | Place Grid tab Draw panel and select a sketch option. Use (Pick Lines) to snap the grid to an existing line, such as a wall. …
- Click when the grid is the correct length.