How do you create an outline in Solidworks?
It was listed as one of our top overlooked features of SOLIDWORKS 2020. This tool gives users the ability to create outlines of bodies, projected on a plane. To use this tool is easy. Just start a sketch on the desired sketch plane then simply access it from the Tools Menu > Sketch Tools > Silhouette Entities.
What is silhouette entities in Solidworks?
You can create multiple sketch entities by projecting the outline of the bodies in a part or components in an assembly onto a parallel sketch plane. Silhouette entities create parametric sketch constraints on the model. You can use silhouette entities when you use Sketch and 3D Sketch On Plane .
How do you outline a sketch in Solidworks?
Once you are in a sketch in either a part or assembly, navigate to Tools > Sketch Tools > Silhouette Entities. From there, select your bodies you would like for the exterior shape and SOLIDWORKS makes a projected sketch of your exterior part. It works like convert entities but is easier to use for part outlines.
How do you project geometry in Solidworks?
To project a curve: Click Project Curve on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected. Use this selection to project a sketched curve onto a model face. Under Sketch to Project , select the curve in the graphics area or from the flyout FeatureManager design tree.
How do you use an intersection curve in Solidworks?
Sketching Intersection Curves
on the Sketch toolbar, or Tools > Sketch Tools > Intersection Curve. before selecting a plane). Select the intersecting items: Select a plane that intersects a face of the part.
How do I project a sketch from one part to another in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
How do you use section properties in Solidworks?
To display section properties for multiple entities:
- Select any of the following that lie in parallel planes: one or more planar model faces. a face on a section plane. …
- Click Section Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Section Properties. The results are displayed in the Section Properties dialog box.
How do you make a parallel plane in Solidworks?
Right-click a face in the graphics area and click Create a Plane Parallel to Screen. The software adds an On Plane or On Surface 3D sketch point where you right-clicked and positions a reference plane parallel to the screen at that point.