Detailing in Revit is a process to add detail elements to model geometry and create construction details. The basic process to create detail views is outlined as follows: Create views of the model to detail. Add detail elements to the view to illustrate items typically too small or too numerous to model.
How do you use detail items in Revit?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
What is a detail item Revit?
Detail components are Revit families that can be placed in drafting views or detail views to add information to the model. They offer a faster method of detailing than drawing individual detail lines.
How do you annotate details in Revit?
Annotate and Detail Design Options
- In a view that shows the main model and a design option, add the annotations and details that you want to appear in similar views for all design options.
- With the view active in the drawing area, click View tab Create panel Duplicate View drop-down (Duplicate with Detailing).
How do you create a detail component in Revit?
By selecting the start and end of the line, you can place the detail. Suppose you want to place a plywood fill pattern in a section.
Create a 2D Line-Based Detail Component Family
- Create a new family using the Detail Component line-based template.
- Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component.
How do you scale detail items in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to scale, and click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Scale).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
How do you create a repeating detail component in Revit?
Insert a Repeating Detail
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Repeating Detail).
- Sketch the repeating detail, and then click Modify.
- Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate, and enter a name for the repeating detail type.
How do you edit annotation lines in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles. In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab. Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary. When finished, click OK.
How do you label a section view in Revit?
To define the look of section tags and callout tags, click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Callout Tags) or (Section Tags). The Reference Label parameter sets the text displayed next to the section bubble when the section is a reference section.